SATURDAY, AUGUST 5, 2017
Rise to the top!
In its seventh year, the Franz Bakery Criterium returns to Portland’s Central Eastside. This is an 8-corner criterium has wide-open streets provide lots of open space to move around in the field.
Schedule of Races
|Start Time||Race Time||Category|
|2:00||45 min||Masters Men 40+* /50+*|
|2:50||30 min||Women Cat 4/5|
|3:30||30 min||Men Cat 4/5|
|4:05||45 min||Men Cat 3|
|5:10||45 min||Women 1/2/3*|
|6:00||60 min||Men 1/2/3|
$35 event day registration
$15 for each additional event.
Onsite registration opens at 1pm near the start/finish line.
Prizes (prizes are minimums)
Combined cash/merchandise prizes to the top 3 in each race. Fields scored separately are for OBRA BAR only.
Membership & Licenses
OBRA membership required for all riders. Single race memberships are available for $5.00. Season OBRA memberships are available for $30.00.
Helmets are required.
A wide-open 8-corner course over 1.13km. Two shallow inclines will bring out the burn over 40-feet of vertical climbing per lap. The course is located in NE Portland near Franz’s Bakery.
The start/finish line and registration will be located at NE 10th and NE Flanders.
From the North (Vancouver, WA)
- Take I-5 South to exit 300B toward US-26 E/OR-99E/OMSI/Oregon City
- Keep left at fork following signs for Oregon City and merge onto SE Morrison Bridge
- Take first left onto SE Grand Ave
- Turn right onto Couch Ave.
From the South (Salem, OR)
- Travel north on I-5
- Take exit 300 for I-84 E/US-30 E toward Portland Airport/The Dalles
- Keep right at the fork, follow signs for Omsi/Central Eastside Industrial District and merge onto SE Yamhill St
- Turn right at SE 3rd Ave
- Take the 1st left onto SE Taylor St
- Turn left at the 2nd cross street onto SE Grand Ave
- Turn right at E Burnside St
- Turn left at NE 11th Ave
OBRA and the organizers of this race do not provide insurance coverage for injuries that occur at the race. The costs related to those injuries are the responsibility of the individual participant. Helmets must be worn at all times while on a bike. Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry for any reason. Promoter reserves the right to combine fields.
There will be no parking on NE 11th between NE Flanders and Glisan
Wheel Pit: Neutral wheels and support will be available. Wheels provided by Rolf Prima and support provided by TFK Wheels.
Race Numbers: Numbers will be on the left.
Charles Warner, Race Director/Promoter